Sunday, June 11, 2006

Distractions


It was awesome.

What a privilege. Not only were we able to watch Zero 7 sound checking on Friday night in Manchester, we also spent the best part of 40 minutes in a makeshift garden interviewing the GORGEOUS Sia. Over the last seven years, through the course of working on outnorthwest, I've interviewed a number of celebrities. Hands down, without a doubt, Sia has been the best.

A more accommodating interviewee you will never find. We all got on so well, she started telling us things she wasn't supposed to! Want to know which (VERY) famous celebrity chatted her up once? Well, you can't. That's for Sia, Annie and me to know... :-) "My god, you're not my friends! I shouldn't be telling you these things!"

The show itself was amazing. The best I've ever seen Zero 7 perform. Pageant of the Bizarre gave the whole crowd goosebumps. What. A. Voice. And the birthday dedication to Annie just before Destiny capped one of the best nights of the year.

If you're interested to read the results of our time with Sia Furler, check the outnorthwest link on the right there towards the end of the month.

No comments: